Volunteers are a very important part of St. Joseph Catholic Academy. There are many ways to get involved at all levels of the school and we welcome your participation at any level. We thank all of our volunteers who make so many wonderful SJCA activities possible.
A requirement to volunteer is attending a Safeguarding God's Children class. This is for all volunteers including tutors, room moms, catechists, athletic team coaches, scout leaders, chaperones for overnight activities, chaperones for school activities, and any other volunteers who have regular contact with SJCA students.
- Register for a live class by clicking this link: http://www.archmil.org/
- Read the Code of Ethical Standards pamphlet:Code of Ethical Standards.pdf.
- Sign the final page of the Code of Ethical Standards:Code of Ethical Standards signature page.pdf.
- Complete the Background Authorization for a background check: Background Authorization.pdf. Please DO NOT email this information as emails are not secure and the paperwork contains social security information.
- Read and sign the Concealed Carry notice:
Return the signed items (Code of Ethical Standards, background authorization and concealed carry notice) to Jean Fredrickson. Please note that the background check will not be processed until the live training has been confirmed. Please allow one week for the processing of the background check after we have received confirmation of attendance. Please notate on the Code of Ethical Standards page what date the live session is scheduled for so we can then verify with the Archdiocese.
Anyone wanting to drive SJCA students for school events or field trips must complete the Archdiocesan Transportation Form and an Archdiocesan Online Training Module.
- Please click here to print the Archdiocese Transportation Policy. Please complete and sign.
- The "Be Smart Drive Safe" online training module also needs to be completed. Access the module by visiting the Catholic Mutual website. About halfway down on the right side there is a box called "Defensive Driving Catholic Mutual Group Cares". Please click here to begin the module. You will need to create an account. It's very easy; however, the video may take about 15 minutes to complete. If you have any questions regarding creating an account, there is a link directly under the "Defensive Driving" box or click here for the instructions. The organization is "Milwaukee, Archdiocese" and the location is "St. Joseph Catholic Academy Kenosha."
After these two processes are complete, please return signed forms to Jean Fredrickson at the Upper Campus. For questions, she can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (262) 654-8651 ext. 116.