The St. Joseph Catholic Academy Athletic Association is a volunteer fundraising group which provides financial assistance to all of the young boys and young girls interscholastic athletic teams. It is the goal of the Association to insure that all student athletes have quality uniforms and equipment so as to provide the best athletic experience. The Association neither sets nor implements athletic policy; it supplements funds provided by the school.
The Association was formed in 1958 by a small group of parents and loyal supporters who recognized that the school’s budget could not realistically support the ever expanding needs of the athletic program. Since 1958, the Association has raised in excess of $1.5 million dollars to support the athletic programs at St. Joseph High School, now St. Joseph Catholic Academy. Here is a short list of some areas where this money has been directed:
• Remodeled boys locker room
• Built equipment storage building
• Help purchase cafeteria chairs
• Black topped west parking lot
• Motorized lifts for baskets
• Gym banners
• Provide ticket managers and gate keepers
• Provide rescue squads for games and meets
• Purchased office equipment
• Gifts to school play
• Gifts to general fund
• Built coaches offices
• Bought banquet tables
• Glass backboards
• State tournament expenses for all teams
• MVP trophies for all sports
• Care and maintenance of practice field
The Athletic Association raises money necessary to enhance the athletic programs for young woman and men at St. Joseph High School. Its fundraising activities raise the money to provide the items which would not otherwise be available to our athletes. Currently, the Association is committed to providing a minimum of $30,000.00 each year to pay direct costs of the interscholastic athletic programs.
The budget funds are used for the following:
• Uniforms: boys, girls and cheerleaders
• State Tournament travel, meals, and lodging
• Gym Banners for Championship Teams
• Equipment: Team equipment
• Trophies and Awards
• Attendance of School Administrators at WIAA
• Gym equipment and floor maintenance
• Hall of Fame Reception
• Meetings and National Meetings
Principal Fundraising Events
Annual Century Dinner Dance - April 2017
Annual Golf Outing - Held the third Wednesday in July
- $500 per year for a banner.
- Banner advertising your business will hang from the Gymnasium for the entire school year.
- Contact any member of the Athletic Association for information.