SJCA recognizes that the Elementary School years must build a solid foundation for future learning and academic success. At SJCA, the elementary curriculum emphasizes reading, writing, math, social studies, science and religion, carefully designed in a sequential manner to maximize academic outcomes. Our teachers focus heavily on developing reading skills in both fluency and comprehension. Those strong reading skills are then honed as students not only “learn to read” but “read to learn.” Likewise, math facts and concepts are taught in many different ways to meet the needs of all types of learners.Students take standardized tests every year which allows our teachers to create a personized instruction for the students. Classes in Spanish, Art, Music and Gym complement the Elementary School curriculum. Our technology program includes a computer lab, classroom laptops, iPads, and interactive SMARTboards, preparing our students for middle school.
While building a strong academic foundation is paramount in Elementary School, SJCA also nurtures a robust moral foundation in every student. SJCA stresses the Lancer Value System, highlighting one of the 8 Core SJCA values – Spirituality, Humility, Generosity, Respect, Acceptance, Integrity, Accountability, and Commitment – each month. Moreover, our teachers act as models of faith, with daily prayer, reflection and weekly Mass as an integral part of the Elementary School day.
Parent Association and Necessary Volunteer Forms
The Parent Association consists of parents, grandparents, teachers and administration working together to support our staff & enrich the experience of our children.
Please keep in mind all school volunteers need to complete a session of "Safeguarding God's Children." Click here to register. Additionally, any person intending to drive for field trips, athletics, etc. needs to have proof of insurance on file in the BUSINESS OFFICE and have watched the safety video.
The Archdiocese of Milwaukee has developed Grade Specific Catholic Education Curriculum to identify key religious education concepts for each grade level at the elementary school. Please click on the links below to view a specific grade.
- Kindergarten Curriculum Guide
- First Grade Curriculum Guide
- Second Grade Curriculum Guide
- Third Grade Curriculum Guide
- Fourth Grade Curriculum Guide
- Fifth Grade Curriculum Guide
- Athletics: Info will be sent out in the beginning of the year.
- Band: For additional information on the band program, please visit the CYO Emerald Knights website by clicking here.
- Before/After Care is supervised care available before school from 6:30 a.m. to 7:45 a.m. and after school from 2:45 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Calendar at a Glance: Click here for the 2016-2017 Calendar At A Glance.
- Hot lunch and milk are available daily. Cost per meal is $3.50. Cost for milk is a one-time fee of $5. Contact the Main Office for details at 262-656-7360.
- Uniform Policy: Click here for the 2016-17 Uniform Policy.