Little Lancer Preschool at SJCA
In the Little Lancer Preschool, our 3- and 4-year old students will participate in all academic subject areas that are developmentally appropriate for early learners. At this level, our certified teachers nurture each child’s unique gifts in a supportive and loving environment. Our teachers instill in the children a sense of intellectual purpose while guiding them to turn interests into learning and facts into knowledge.
In the classroom, children engage in meaningful educational experiences that promote independence, the joy of discovery and a love of learning. Whether they are counting money, sounding out words, practicing their Spanish or working with technology, our youngest scholars are happy, secure and gaining the skills needed to flourish in Elementary School and beyond.
- Emphasis on early literacy skills and kindergarten readiness.
- Intentional focus on social growth and development.
- Inclusion of technology in curriculum through instruction and availability of I-Pads, PC's and Smart Boards
- Low student-to-teacher ratio
- Certified teachers for enrichment classes in music, art, physical education and Spanish
- Before and After Care program available
2016-2017 School Information
- School Hours: The school day begins at 7:45 a.m. and dismissal is at 2:45 p.m. except for every Wednesday, which is early release at 2 p.m.
- Preschool drop off takes place on 73rd street at the Preschool doors. Parents will escort children into the building starting at 7:30 a.m.
- Preschool pick up for half day students is on 73rd street at 11 a.m. at the preschool doors. Parents should park and walk up to the doors to pick up children.
- Preschool pick up for full day students is on 73rd street at 2:45 p.m. at the preschool doors. Parents should park and walk up to the doors to pick up children. Older siblings will be sent the the preschool doors for pick up as well.
- Before/After Care is supervised care available before school from 6:30 a.m. to 7:45 a.m. and after school from 2:45 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Hot lunch and milk are available daily. Cost per meal is $3.50. Cost for milk is a one-time fee of $5. Contact the Main Office for details at 262-656-7360.
- Uniform Policy: Click here for the 2016-17 Uniform Policy.
- Supply List: Click here for the 2016-2017 Supply List.
- Calendar At A Glance: Click here for the 2016-2017 Calendar At A Glance.